Friday, January 29, 2016

Mom Mornings

     I don't know about you but mornings and I do not mix well together. I am literally a completely different person until I actually wake up. Do not look at me, do not speak to me, do not even breath near me. A conversation is not ok until I am in the car driving, and I've had at least one cup of coffee. Lets be honest I'm a huge bitch in the morning. I can be pretty mean, and for that, Cody I am sorry!

     Being a mom is the greatest job in the world, but also the most stressful. The mornings always seem to be the worst. Probably because I have a million different things to do in about an hour. Does Reagan have her lunch packed? Does she have diapers? Did I remember to wear underwear? Shit, I need to brush my teeth, but I still have coffee to drink. Do I really have to go to work? When the hell did I turn 26? Why am I an adult? Did Cody seriously switch the the lids on the fat and not fat creamer? That shit head, yes he did! Getting out the door is a struggle everyday. It's hard enough to get myself places on time let alone add a toddler into the picture! Every time I turn my back Reagan has black eye shadow in her hand and is seconds away from making herself look like Ozzy Osbourne. Never mind too late, Ozzy is in the house.

    Sometimes I feel like pulling my hair out. Or pulling a Britney and just shaving my head. I usually have to bring myself back to reality at this point and remember that I'm not Charlize Theron, and that I would look absolutely terrible with no hair. Or would I? Getting ready in the mornings would be a hell of a lot easier. Who am I kidding. I would look awful, and my hairdresser would kill me! Anyways, I always just take a second and think about how lucky I am to have a little girl with such a crazy personality, who wants to be just like her mom and do her makeup. Or that I have a boyfriend who is comfortable knowing that what he is about to do is going to completely piss me the hell off until about noon. I am happy to have all this chaos around me, it reminds me how lively things really are. By the time I realize all this is only 8am and then I remember I'm on my way to work, which then pisses me off again! This is the time that either I call Cody or he calls me, and I end up apologizing for being such a raging bitch, and his words are "Its ok, I'm used to it". Don't let this fool you, he can be mean too!

    The point is all the things we end up complaining about, are the things that we appreciate the most. I'm writing about how bad my mornings can be, yet without them I would be lost. My mom mornings are the best mornings I have ever had, because they remind me about a little girl who I'm lucky to call mine.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment