Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Mom vs Mom

     Lets talk about moms for a little today. Do you ever notice how there is always a competition to see who's the better mom? I do, and it annoys the shit out of me. Arn't we supposed to be in this together? Why do so many of us shoot other moms down? I just don't get it. This doesn't just go for moms, it goes for women in general.

     Women are such bitches. I never realized how annoying we all are until I become a mom. Why is it whenever someone asks if I had an epidural, it's always followed with "Oh, I had an all natural birth"? Really? I'm pretty sure you asked me, and do you want a cookie? Why not just say congrats on carrying a small human around for 9 months, and pushing it out of your lady parts. You use Tylenol when you have a headache, so what's wrong with meds when you're having a baby?! Ugh. Let me just say even with the drugs I still felt everything, and thirty minutes into pushing I was done. I didn't wanna do it anymore! I'll never forget asking my pregnant nurse why the hell she decided to do it once more. Pretty sure I never want to experience that terrible thing ever again, or at least not until I forget about it!

     Feeding, don't even get me started with feeding. As long as you're feeding your child does it matter how you do it? Every mom is different and every baby is different. As a mother you do what's best for you and your baby. I really don't care how you do it or when you do it its all fantastic. Reagan was on formula, I wasn't comfortable breast feeing so thats what we went with! I would have people tell me that breast is best and way better for the baby. Oh I'm sorry, do you know my child? Do you know my life? I also had guys telling me this. Really? When you have a chid come out of your penis, then you can tell me what you think is right! Reagan also had reflux and she needed special formula with the proteins already broken down, but thanks for your uneducated opinion!

     I also wanted to bring up this topic. I work full time and I will be starting school again in April. I want to have a career and a family, and there should be nothing wrong with that! I want my daughter to have everything and more, and that requires me to finish school. Its also important to me to finish. I wanna prove to my daughter, and myself that you can do whatever you set your mind to, regardless of the obstacles. I love my daughter, but I would lose my mind being home 24/7. Work sometimes is a break for me,but on on a good day! That's my life, and it may not be for everyone. No matter what you do, you should never be judged. If you wanna stay home with your kiddies that's great too! It's whatever works for you and your family, and don't ever let anyone make you feel like you're doing the wrong thing. It's becoming more and more expensive to be a working parent and it's freaking ridiculous. So I completely get staying home, and if it wasn't for friends and family, I wouldn't be able to work.

     As mothers we should be building each other up, instead of picking at every little thing that we can. Congrats! You showered today, did your makeup, and your chid is still alive and kicking! Good job mama, that's a win. The world be such a better place if we encouraged one other, and embraced everyones way of raising a child. At the end of the day we all are still losing our shit and pouring ourselves that bottle of wine! Cheers mamas you've made it through yet another day!



   



   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment